La Quinta, CA
(760) 895-3516

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Reporting FBARs on Canadian RRSP accounts

If you have a Canadian RRSP account and are a U.S. Citizen, greencard holder, or a resident of the United States, you are probably asking yourself if you need to file FBARs for those RRSPs.

UPDATE: As of 2014, you will need to report RRSP's on your FBAR as well as 8938.

It is always best to talk to a U.S./Canadian income tax preparer regarding these matters, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Borders Bookkeeping

(760) 895-3516