La Quinta, CA
(760) 895-3516

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Canadian Tax Form T4A Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity, or Other Income

The T4A Canadian tax form is also referred to as the Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity, or Other Income. This is given by either an employer, trustee, estate executor/liquidator, pension administrator, or a corporate director telling the amount of funds that were given. Payments made that require a T4A would be:

- Pension or superannuation
- Lump-sum payments
- Self-employed commissions
- Annuities
- Retiring allowances
- Patronage allocations
- RESP accumulated income payments
- RESP educational assistance payments
- Payments under a wage-loss replacement plan
- Other income, including death benefits, registered disability savings plan payments, research grants, scholarships, bursaries, fellowships, artists' project grants, and prizes.

Are you a Canadian spending a significant amount of time in the United States? Give Borders Bookkeeping a call this year for all your U.S./Canadian tax needs.

Borders Bookkeeping
(760) 895-3516